Thursday, September 11, 2008

Updates!

A lot has happened since my last post! We've played three volleyball games, against Edgewood College, Alverno College, and Wisocnsin Lutheran College. Our overall record is now 2-5. We are off to a slow start, but we haven't started conference play yet, so we are looking to work out all the kinks before our first conference match of the season, which will be against Illinois College a week from tomorrow.

In other news...
-I am studying abroad in Madrid, Spain next semester, so I have been working on my application for the Academic Year Abroad program. I'm so excited! :-)

- I am volunteering through the Spanish department to help teach English to the Hispanic population of Ripon and assist with homework, documents, and other paperwork.

- One of our Politics and Government professors, Dr. Colucci, is making a presentation today about his new book, Crusading Realism, which examines the shift in American foreigh policy after the 9-11. He's also doing a book signing following the presentation...I'm thinking Christmas present???! :-)

- A new photography exhibit, "Small Arms," is opening tomorrow night as a part of the Caestecker Fine Arts Series. Artist Michael Kientz descirbes the exhibit as "a collection of children dealing with the impact of social and economic conditions dictated by adults and their politics." After taking a photography class last summer, I have a deep appreciation for photography. This exhibit sounds so interesting and I can't wait to check it out!

- This weekend, Theta Chi fraternity is holding their annual Frisbee Golf tournament! The course leads golfers all around campus and proceeds go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

- On Saturday there's also an Intramural Kickball tournament, but I don't think I'll be able to play because we have a volleyball tournament this weekend too!

Hopefully between volleyball and homework I can check out some of the wonderful things happening on campus in the next few days! Have a great weekend! Go Red Hawks!

~Christy

No comments: