Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Election Day!

Hi there! Today is election day all over the nation, and just turning 18 in July this is my first chance to vote, so I'm definately taking advantage of my right!
One of the most controversial topics on the ballot tonight is the proposed amendment to the Wisconsin constitution, which will define marraige as only between a man and a woman. This is a very important issue, especially to the students on campus. There have even been two forum discussions held in Great Hall about the topic. We have invited various professors and leaders of local churches to come and openly discuss the issue in front of the Ripon College community and the Ripon community as a whole. These discussions were very powerful and I am so glad that I could be there and hear both sides of this great debate.
But now it's up to us to make the decision.

a Get out and vote--make your voice heard!

--Christy

No comments: