Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hump Day!

Thank goodness it's Wednesday! Wednesdays are one of the lighter days in my schedule, I get my morning of to a good start at 8 a.m. with Organic Chemistry, folllowed by an hour in the Admission Office between classes, from 9-10, Spanish from 10:10-11, and then Research Design and Statistics rounds out the academic part of my day from 11:15-12:05. I have an hour off for lunch or a nap, and then I'm back in the Admission Office from 1-3 p.m. I have another hour break and then volleyball practice and weightlifting from 4:15-6:30 p.m. After practice tonight, it's a quick dinner then off to the Student Activities Fair. The Student Activities fair is put on by the Office of Student Activities, and is a great opportunity for students to learn about all of the different organizations on campus and get involved in those they are interested in.

Some of the organizations I am involved in on campus include the Student Media and Activities Committee (SMAC), which organizes and schedules almost all of the events on campus; Chef's Anonymous, a small club for those with an affinity for cooking (or eating! :D); Orientation Committee, which is responsible for helping first-year students make a smooth transition into college; and I also play intramural sports such as inner-tube water polo, volleyball, and softball, and I think I am also going to get involved in the Pre-Med Society this year as well (in my spare time of course!) But I think getting involved on campus is the best thing you can do in college; it's a great way to meet people, and it's fun too. It really allows you to take charge of your college experience and make the most of it and what it has to offer!

--Christy

No comments: