Friday, August 31, 2007

Welcome to the Big Show!

I can't believe it's September TOMORROW! It seems like just yesterday I was sitting at home bored and counting down the days until it was time to return to Ripon, now here I am finished with two weeks of classes and playing in the first volleyball tournament of the season! Today I have classes until noon, then I am going to eat lunch and run to Family Video to pick up some movies for tonight! I am having a Disney movie and back massage night with some volleyball and football players. Since we have a tournament tonight and tomorrow and the football team has their first game tomorrow, we are all just goign to stay in, watching The Little Mermaid and Aladdin and trade-off giving back massages! I am looking forward to it!!


But before Disney and backrubs, I get to play in our first tournament of the season! The Ripon Invitational is this weekend, so we play four matches spread over tonight and tomorrow. We play MSOE and Rockford College this afternoon at 4 p.m. and at 6 p.m., respectively, and then tomorrow we play Clark College at 10 a.m. and St. Mary's (MN) at 2 p.m. I'm really looking forward to tonight, I can't wait to see what we can do! For fun, the team has "Secret Spikers" a spin-off of "Secret Santas"; everyone draws a name of a teammate, and whoever you draw you have to make signs or goodie bags for...just fun little motivational things! So I have to think of what I am going to get for mine. We have to be down at Storzer Center and ready by 3 p.m., so I'll have to make something before that!

The 2007 Red Hawk Volleyball Team (I'm #3!)

Don't worry if you can't make the games, you can watch them online! Just go to http://www.midwestconference.tv and you can watch a webcast of the game! :)

--Christy

No comments: