Monday, August 27, 2007

Another year at Ripon begins!!

It's hard to believe I am starting my sophomore year at Ripon this year! The summer went so fast, but I'm so glad to be back! I was on the Orientation Committee this year, so I returned to campus a week early for Fall Orientation training and also to begin volleyball practices. Fall orientation went well, except for all the rain, and classes began before I had any time to relax! Today will be the fourth day of classes already! I am a psychology major and also thinking pre-medicine, so I have a busy semester ahead of me! I am taking Organic Chemistry from 8-8:50am, followed by Spanish 211 from 10:10-11am, and then the Psychology course, Research Design and Statistics, from 11:15am-12:05pm. I start a little earlier than I would prefer, but that also means I'm done a lot earlier--except for Mondays when I have Chem lab from 1-4pm, or Tuesdays when I have Stats lab from 2-4pm.

Besides classes, I have also been busy with volleyball. During the pre-season, before classes started, we were practicing an average of twice a day, but with classes having begun, we are down to our usual once-a-day practice from 4:15-6pm. We had our first scrimmage this weekend at St. Norbert College, and I think the season looks bright for us! We have 9 returners, 5 of those starters last year, and 4 rookies this year, who will make a great contribution! I am looking forward to the season and to our first tournament this weekend!

No comments: