Monday, November 5, 2007

Off-season begins

This past weekend was our conference tournament at Carroll College, where we lost in the semi-finals. Our first match of the tournament was against Beloit, who we had lost to in five games during the regular season, but improved and were able to beat them in three games: 30-15, 30-28, 30-26. After beating Beloit, we went on to play Carroll, who wanted revenge after we tarnished their 8-0 record in conference. We just couldn't keep up with Carroll, who stepped up thier game from last weekend, and ended up losing in three games: 14-30, 25-30, 27-30.

At this tournament, especially against Beloit, I think we played our best volleyball of the season. After this weekend, I am so excited for next year! We lost three seniors this year, but we have a lot of talent and a lot of experience coming back. I think we will do very well. But I am definitely going to enjoy the extra free time I have now that we don't have practice and tournaments all the time. I have two exams this week, so I will definitely use that time toward studying!

--Christy

No comments: