Monday, February 5, 2007

A nice but COLD weekend!

This weekend was very very cold! Friday morning I went for a three-mile run with my half-marathon class, and Professor Hatcher actually gave permission for us not to do the run, but with the class being "Theories in Motivation," I found myself wanting to prove that I could do the run even when he gave us an opportunity to quit.
Then Friday night we had our first off-season practice/open gym for volleyball. Everyone came and we scrimmaged with some Alumni and a couple baseball guys, it was a lot of fun and great to play again! We will start having open gyms on Sunday nights and whenever the basketball teams are away.
Saturday was the first of two Pickard Scholarship Days and I was on a Current Student Panel for that, which was a lot of fun. It's hard to believe that only a year ago I was in there! The time sure flies!
Last night Sigma Chi had a Super Bowl party in their lounge, so for $5 it was all the brats, nachos, chips, soda, hot dogs you could eat! It was a lot of fun, but we had a lot of disappointed Bears fans!

--Christy

No comments: