Monday, January 28, 2008

A Balmy 41° in Ripon, WI!

Today is absolutely gorgeous! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I just flew in on my magic carpet. I'm kidding, but it really is 41°! Fabulous. This weekend was a pretty quiet one...Friday night Nick and I stayed in out of the cold and had a dress-up contest: "Who can be the most embarrassing to the other?" It was really fun! :) Then Saturday was the first Scholarship Day for accepted seniors, so I helped with that in the morning, then in the afternoon I went shopping in Appleton with Lauren and Jess.
Sunday was, of course, brunch and then homework. Nick's family came up to take us out to dinner for his birthday, so we went to the Applebee's in Fon du Lac. It was good to see them again, and the food was great! :) Nick's birthday is Wednesday, so I have a few things to get organized before then, but I have the help of my roommate and possibly a few others, so I'll be able to pull everything off! :)

Tomorrow we begin our off-season team workouts and training for volleyball. I am so excited to play again! I miss seeing the girls everyday too, so this gives us a good chance to hang out, catch up, but also to improve for next year.

~Christy

No comments: