Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Second Semester!

Second semester has begun! It is great to be back "home!" Here is a picture we took of our Reunion! :)

Today was the first day of classes for the new semester! I got back to campus on Saturday night because we had our volleyball banquet. My family brought me back and I was able to unpack and get settled again before everyone came back on Sunday, so that was really nice. Then we went to my banquet where Coach gave out fun awards from the season. I received awards such as the "Good Sense" kitchen bag award for court awareness, the "Rip It" energy drink award for being second in service aces, the "Sweeper" duster award for being second in digs, the flashing whistle award for calling plays and helping the offense, and the frog award for being quick like a frog! The banquet was a lot of fun and a great way to wrap up the season and thank the seniors and the coaches.

Yesterday was registration. All the professors have a table set up in the Tartan area of Storzer and you are able to meet with them and change classes if you need to. I was lucky, I didn't have to make any changes to my schedule, so I just needed my advisor's signature!

This semester I am continuing to work toward my psychology major, and also working toward filling some of the pre-med requirements to keep medical school as an option in the future. I am taking the second semester of Research Design and Statistics (a Psych course), Spanish 222, Sturcture and Reactivity (Chemistry), and also my first Sociology class, Social Problems, which I am really excited about. If I like Sociology a lot I might consider double majoring! But we'll see what the semester brings! I also want to go abroad a year from now, so I need to start talking to my professors about the programs available and which would be best for my interests and goals. There's always something to do!

Tonight I have a SMAC meeting at 8 p.m. and I am going to go workout after work, and then I'll have the rest of the night to relax--no homework! (yet!)

~Christy

No comments: