Friday, September 14, 2007

Finally Friday!

What a week it has been! I am so glad today is Friday! I survived my chemistry exam and am ready to cruise into the weekend! Today and tomorrow we host the Ripon Invitational volleyball tournament, so we have matches tonight at 4 p.m. against St. Norbert College and 6 p.m. against UW-Steven's Point. I'm excited because my mom is coming over for the tournament too! Ripon is three hours from Rochester, Minnesota, where I'm from, so she is coming over tonight and then we're going to stay at the Comfort Inn tonight and then she'll come to the games tomorrow and then we're going to go to the football game together!

Thank goodness I had two exams this week and I am able to relax a little this weekend, because there is so much going on! Tonight, SMAC is sponsoring a magician, Peter Boie, but I'll have to miss that because of my tournament. But that's not all! Tomorrow Theta Chi, one of the fraternities on campus, is hosting their James Bond-themed 30th Annual Frisbee Golf tournament for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and also a Thunderball Volleyball Tournament.






Going on Downtown Ripon this weekend is Septemberfest, which will include a custom car show on Watson Street, a dog walk parade through Historic Downtown, a Brat Fry, live music by Dave Sky, Taste of Ripon, Cookie tossing, a lip-sync competition, the New Tuba Dan Band on the Square, and a World Record Breaking Twist Attempt! Ripon will attempt to break the world record for the most people doing the twist at the same time. The previous record was set in 2004 at a high school dance in Yorkshire, England, which is where our sister city, Ripon, England, is located. They had 1,692 people dance the twist for 5 minutes and we're going to break their record!

So as much as I want to relax this weekend...there is so much to do! It is sure to be a fantastic weekend though!
--Christy

No comments: