Monday, September 17, 2007

Here We Go Again...

Another weekend has ended way too fast. My mom came up Friday and Saturday for my volleyball tournament, so that was a big highlight of my weekend! We played two mathces Friday night, losing both to St. Norbert's and UW-Steven's Point. After the matches, my mom and I ran some errands: we got groceries and a few odds and ends for my room from K-Mart, picked up some pictures I had develped from Walgreen's, and then went to the Comfort Inn, where we ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut. It was a very relaxing night and it was sooo good to catch up with my mom! I hadn't seen her in a MONTH!

Saturday I had two more matches, at we lost our 10 a.m. match against UW-River Falls, but won our 2 p.m. match against Martin Luther. Our last match went to five games, so we didn't finish playing until 4:45 p.m. I was bummed I didn't get to play in the frisbee golf tournament, or see any of my boyfriend, Damico's football game, but I made him a sign before the game, so he was pretty happy about that. :) After the tournament, my mom and I went out to dinner at Big Stella's with Damico and his dad. It was fabulous! We also managed to take a few pictures by some of the Septemberfest decorations! After dinner my mom helped me unpack, and then she left for Minnesota. I took a nap, then spent the night with friends.

After brunch on Sunday (my favorite meal of the week!), Jess and I went to the Fox River Mall in Appleton to do a little shopping. The trip was definitely successful! That mall is overwhelming! We stopped at Taco Bell when we got back to Ripon around 6:15 and then Jess had to go to Youth Group while I unpacked and worked on homework. I didn't have very much homework and I was able to get to bed before midnight!! :D

Today should be a busy day, and I have a volleyball game tomorrow night, so I have to work ahead on homework for tomorrow too. I have class until noon, lab from 1-4, practice from 4:30-5:45, and I'm also on a Marketing Advisory Committee, through the office of Marketing and Publications, and we have our first meeting today, but I think I'll have to miss it due to practice. Mondays are just insane!

--Christy

No comments: