Monday, October 22, 2007

Back to Class

It was so hard to get up this morning when my alarm went off at 6:46...fall break is over, no more sleeping in until 11 and lounging around all day. :(

I spent most of my fall break on campus, along with many of the other athletes. We had a tournament at Clarke College in Dubuque, Iowa the first Friday-Saturday of break, then the team had off of practice Sunday and Monday. So over our days off, I went home with my boyfriend, Nick, a football player, to Germantown (north of Milwaukee, so about an hour from here), which is a lot better than driving 3 hours home to Minnesota! It was great to meet his family and enjoy some home-cooked meals! :) But we both had practice on Tuesday, so we headed back Tuesday afternoon.

From Tuesday on, we had practice everyday until our game against Beloit, which we lost in 5 heart-wrenching games, 15-30, 25-30, 33-31, 30-28, 17-19. Then Saturday I was able to go to Nick's football game at St. Norbert (the first and only game I can make it to this year!). They lost, but it was a beautiful day for the game.


The conclusion of Fall break means that the semester is half over! Hard to believe! Today we got our registration packets for next semester; it's hard to believe it's already time to start thinking about registering for classes again! I am a psychology major, with a Latin minor, and I am considering majoring in Spanish instead of just minoring...but we'll see what happens!


--Christy

No comments: